Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Tryst with Conscious Energy

My pursuit of self realization started when I was 21 years old. Due to job I had to leave Mumbai and relocate myself to Kolkata famous for Rossogulla. I use to stay alone in an office which was isolated structure just opposite a busy commercial area called Bada Bazaar; a thoroughfare quite noisy during daytime and but far silent during night. This silence rekindled my interest in reading books. Also being new to this city, I avoided making friends and utilised most of my time searching and reading religious books little knowing that I was turning whole lot of critical books ranging from spiritual science, occult science, psychological science, ancient scripts and philosophical books etc. Without knowing sufficient reasons for doing all this reading at that time, now I realize after 35 years that All-powerful cosmic power was attempting to lay foundations or should I say, tough but dominant path to self realization through meditation. Here some of the essential teachings and my unusual spiritual experiences throughout this deep transcendental journey.
I was 21 years old when I had strong feeling to sit in meditation. I think it just started happening without my knowledge. I use to eat my dinner at around 8.30 in the night at a place which was just 5 minutes walk from my office. It was an eatery where many people; unable to cook there food like me use to visit. I use to wait till it took my turn to come. Once through I use to come back and read books or sit in meditation.
In my mediation, I use to focus my attention a little above in my head between my eyes. The first feeling I became aware of was the feeling of being connected to something. At that time I would not understand or was not able to identify this feeling of connectedness. But slowly through reading and referring many spiritual books; I realized it was some great power or energy with whom I was getting connected. This power was flowing seamlessly throughout my body from toe to my head where I use to concentrate my mind intently. Sometimes I use to loose awareness of my body and was devoid of my identity. At a time I even felt that my ears cannot pickup any outside sound. There was intense stillness and deep calm till I would suddenly start gaining consciousness of my surrounding atmosphere. Though unwillingly but this energy would come down and would flow again from head to toe slowly and steadily bringing me back in this conscious world. Slowly and steadily I could again pickup the sounds and would become aware of this outside world.
This was my first acquaintance with this free flowing energy which ultimately laid my spiritual journey.

More contents on author’s personal website-http://hiralalchawla.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment