Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rediscovring Power of Mind (Part 3) Human Biology to Thought Process

After writing this blog, I received many mails which said they did not follow what I had written. It is not the question of whether to believe or not to believe what I had written. Perhaps to understand this process thoroughly; it is important to understand biological aspect of our body and working of our mind. External environment initiates thought which arouses response and this leads to action. This response could be anything from fear, anxiety, hunger, likes and dislikes etc. I wish to call them emotions with which we identify ourselves by saying yes these are my emotions. These voluntary or involuntary emotions slowly and steadily take control of our body and start shaping and monitoring them day in and day out thus constituting our ego or our false identity.
What is a thought or how come these emotions get attached to the thought? I think to understand this process; we must separate ourselves from our false identity created by our mind where manifestation of our ego is reflected. This false identity takes control of our body and we act as directed by our ego.
Let us work it out this logic biologically. Brain is the center of all nervous system of human beings and is extremely complex. Central cortex of human brain contains 15 to 33 billion neurons depending upon the age and gender. These neurons communicate with each other to carry light, sound, touch and various other stimuli or signal pulses to distant part of the brain or body. The most important biological function of the brain is to generate behavior. Brains control behavior either by activating muscle contraction, or by causing secretion of chemicals such as hormones. Every cell in our body is capable of extracting information from the environment in which it lives and acts in response to it. These responses are called emotions, desires, urges and needs. It is a bundle of motor neurons which forms link with every sensory organ, object, image, memory or subject. As soon as we think about any subject, these neurons get connected to it and form a strand. The more the thought of any subject the more the strands gets added on it thus forming thick bundle of neurons. Hence a pure thought becomes desire due to compulsive thinking and compulsive thinking of same desire leads to formation of a habit. Furthermore compulsive habits turn into addictions moreover addictions are nothing but utter falsification of mind.

More contents on author’s personal website-http://hiralalchawla.webs.com

1 comment:

  1. I agree that your thought is influenced by your ego (self prejudices) and hence it transforms into something different, but I believe that is where the power of spirituality that you are saying comes into effect where one can separate their identity from their thoughts. Good writing Uncle, do keep writing more. Sometimes I feel the thoughts and learnings on spirituality are too big for my mind to take in, I think I don't have any form of Spirituality focus within me currently, maybe I have never given enough food to this thought. But I do respect your thoughts and writing. Wish to read more. Someday I am sure I too will start giving wake to my soul. But for now, I think I like to be worldly, and think it takes a lot of willpower and strength to go where you are showing, hope to gather all these powers enough to start the walk

    ReplyDelete